Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy Anniversary

I am thrilled! It was just our 4th anniversary and get this? Hubby though on home call was actually home! WOW! I have gotten used to birthdays, and most holidays being hit or miss as to whether we see each other.  We do get Christmas which is huge- well, except for this year, which, I will whine about later... BUT this is our first anniversary where we spent it together...

Hubby came home at a decent time with take out from a favourite area restaurant- no sense in eating out and getting a sitter when there is the possibility of him being called out on an emergency. So we opted for dinner at home and playing with our kiddo. He got me an art workshop to do next month and then surprised me with a really cool vase- very art deco. I like surprises- wait, I like surprises that are gifts- I am too much of a control freak to like surprises otherwise...I am already hating the fact that in 2 years when residency is done (yes, that part is good) but I am hating having to be posted and not knowing ahead of time (as in NOW) where we will be until right before hand- um, I like to have time to PLAN- for Emma's school, for where we'll live, area attractions, area shopping...but I digress, my point is that this was a good surprise..it made me happy... :D

So, we watched an array of kiddie shows with Emma, played pretend food/tea party, and CRASHED...He has been working a LOT this week- it has been a hard week I am told- um, duh! Anyhow, I am tired, too. I am used to him coming home and taking over and me having time to myself to take a bubble bath and go to sleep early while he puts kiddo to bed. I have lupus, this works well for me...sigh...I am tired...and Emma is cranky- actually, so am I...we both prefer our normal schedule....I suspect hubby does, too. 

BUT I am going to try to focus on the positive here! We spent our anniversary together! That is pretty great!

No comments:

Post a Comment