Monday, June 25, 2012

Dream Job not happening....

I was recently offered a dream job. It was through an old contact I have from back when I worked in reality TV in LA. It was a very good offer. I was thrilled....it was flattering- granted it might get cancelled but it would've been fun while it lasted...and it  paid over double what hubby makes...but there is, of course, a huge problem with said job offer....

The problem being we live on the other side of the country. I also have a 2 year old who needs me. I am married to a resident who still has 2 years of his sentence er, I mean, training left. Then we have 4 years of military payback afterward. That is 11 years of being the woman behind the man. I did not drink the kool aid- I am not always going to graceful about this...I am not always going to buy into the "scoring a doctor" line. I make sacrifices, too, this is part of life as a resident's wife. It doesn't mean I have to love this particular part of putting my own career dreams on hold possibly forever. Hence, why I WILL hold him to his promise of a luxury SUV when residency is done.

He is lucky I love him. A lesser woman would be bitterly rampaging around the house right now. I considered it- but we are on a resident's salary and can't afford to replace anything....sigh..






No comments:

Post a Comment