Monday, June 25, 2012

730 days left...

AND YES I AM COUNTING! ;p

Hubby and I had yet another "discussion" about money. He was a tad concerned over our diminishing savings account. I had shared this fact with him 3 weeks ago- hmm, do you think he didn't listen to me? Shocking, I know!

Here is why his concern pissed me off- we just shelled out almost 2 grand on a new battery and repairs on his hybrid- I hate that car- it sucks for repair costs and fuel efficiency is not enough to take away from the cost of repairs...it is like his mistress, he has an unusual attachment to this car...it is ugly, it is small, and the roof actually ripples if you take it through a car wash. It is not a family car. It has never held a car seat- because if it did there would be little room for anything else. Yes, I hate that car almost as much as I hate residency- so much for me not being a "hater." BUT my wrath is not directed at an individual but rather an object and a situation so I should get a free pass on this one...

He also keeps throwing out there that the average income in this area is about 2/3 of what he makes- I then tell him that his daughter and I are not average and this fact has no relevance to us. It also made me mad since I had just told him about my needing to turn down my dream job- um, a little sensitivity would be nice...he brought me home flowers to assuage his guilt a bit...they were nice...I opted not to smother him with a pillow while he slept that night...again, he is lucky I love him...

Yesterday, I got a phone call- the closest thing I could ever get to an apology- he is male and all. He said not to worry about our money situation and that he only has 2 years left so if we need to get a loan to help out then so be it. It is good he is facing reality...his salary is not exactly generous and we have expenses that come up like car repairs and medical bills- my co-pays are huge not to mention stuff for our daughter- luxuries like diapers... ;p  BUT part of me is suspicious because I am thinking that he has been spending a lot of time looking at new hybrids...I am hoping that with the new battery that his current car will last at least another year....

We just went to the graduating resident's party- it gives me hope...there is an end to this thing called residency...

No comments:

Post a Comment