Monday, July 16, 2012

"Super Dad cleverly disguised as...

a surgeon"...cafepress.com has tons of gifts for dads- I took the phrase and had a shirt made up with his specialty... a cute Father's Day gift  from his baby girl...and he loved it!

It is actually quite true- as often as I gripe about his hours and not being home as much as I'd like, it wouldn't be fair not to mention and give kudos to the fact that he works, works out to decompress, and comes home. I suggest going out with the guys and he says he'd rather come home and spend time with us.  He would come home post call- that is when a resident spends the day and that night and then the following morning and possibly afternoon at the hospital working...it is a very long shift and sometimes they catch some sleep and sometimes they don't BUT every time he came home he stayed awake as long as he could to play with kiddo and give me some down time. And whenever possible, he stayed awake to put her to bed- to spend time with her and prevent his sleep cycle from getting too messed up. I think the latter was just a bonus as he really just wanted to spend time with his daughter...Granted, he has an incredible amount of energy...he says most residents cannot do this- he may have just been bragging though.... ;p

On weekends he has off, we go to the zoo or the park and he plays with baby girl- anything from a kiddie game on the i-pad, to angry birds OR tea party...Yes, even daddy enjoys a cup of her delicious tea although, she has yet to get him to wear one of her princess crowns... ;p

Sometimes it isn't about quantity of time, it is about quality time, and making sure that free time is spent with someone who truly sees you as a hero....so yes, I think hubby is a super dad....I knew he would be one when I was teaching and he came to the year end production and helped with my class- he allowed himself to be a human jungle gym and sensitively handled two little boys who were rather hostile about this interloper marrying me...yes, they both had planned on the fact that they would marry me when they grew up and we'd all live together..hubby usurped said plans...I figure they got over it since the last day I was informed that I am OLD! Residency makes me feel that way- old...It is getting really old, too...sigh


No comments:

Post a Comment